Quetta Club was originally established in 1891 at Zarghoon (Pashto word meaning “Green”) Road. The earthquake of May 1935 played foul with the records of the Club which remained un-retrieved from the debris of the construction that struck the Club premises located in the city and reportedly it was erected in 1879 at Zarghoon Road, opposite General Post Office.
The present site in the cantonment was constructed in 1891 designed by Lt Col E.W. Pert of Royal Engineers and was known as Upper Gymkhana. After destruction in 1935 earthquake it was reestablished in 1937 in the present building. Reportedly, Gen B.L Montgomery, as member of the then Committee, proposed shifting of the Quetta Club building to the present site. His house is also now the Staff College Museum. Club centenary was celebrated in May 1991.
A total of 77 acres of land was leased to Quetta Club Limited and at present it holds 10.29 acres of land while remaining lands were transferred to Quetta Golf Club & FG College. Mega uplift & renovation was initiated in July 2018 to enhance it club capacity, quality and restore original vintage look. Ground breaking was done through Lt. Gen. Asim Saleem Bajwa HI(M) Tbt, Commander Southern Command in July 2018, and inaugurated by Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa NI (M), Chief of Army Staff on 28 March 2019. Quetta Club achieved another milestone on 13 September 2019 when it opened its state of the art lavish guest rooms for the public.
Quetta Club is the only place in Quetta to provide serene dining environment along with an unparalleled ambiance.